Labor Day Weekend – High Traffic Travel
Labor Day marks the end of the summer holiday travel season, and for many people it’s the last chance to make a three-day weekend getaway.
Both roads and airports see a significant bump in traffic at this time, though the impact can vary from year to year according to weather, gas prices and whether school starts in a certain region before of after the holiday.
Airlines for America predicts that 15.6 million passengers will fly on U.S. airlines this Labor Day weekend.
Labor Day weekend is also one of the busiest weekends on the road. For safety and stress-free traveling, planning ahead and being well prepared are essential.
Tips for Safe Labor Day Travel, Driving or Flying
- Leave early.
- Expect delays and plan accordingly.
- If traveling by car, have the car checked by a mechanic before starting your trip.
- If traveling by air, check the airport and airline status before leaving your house.
- The FAA maintains a flight delay website with current updates: http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp
- Do not drive and drive. Not only is it dangerous to self and others, highway patrols will be actively enforcing ‘no refusal’ alcohol tests.
- Do not drink and fly. Aside from disturbing other passengers, you could be arrested for obnoxious or threatening behavior.
- Eat healthy.
- Try not to over-indulge in food or drink.
- Have fun – sober! Enjoy family, friends, travel or catching up on household DIY.
Tips for a Sober Labor Day
- Choose ‘safe’ celebrations. If you know your good buddy throws a drinking party, avoid it.
- Know Thyself. Everyone has triggers. Know if advance what your triggers are, and be mindful.
- Keep discussions light and positive. Try to avoid friends and relatives who are manipulative and negative.
- Take a sober buddy to gatherings, if possible. You can be support for each other.
- No need to ‘prove’ your sobriety. Continue to avoid triggers and heavy drinking or drugging buddies.
- Plan your own party. Invite supportive and positive friends and relatives and have a great time – sober!
Need Help? Reach Out to Arrowhead Lodge Recovery
Call (888) 654-2800.
Recovery Journey to Wholeness and Healing
Arrowhead Lodge Recovery is a gender specific rehab for men, ages 30 and older; located in the beautiful mountains of Prescott, Arizona. We provide addiction and depression treatment for men who suffer from who are addicted to alcohol and opioid-based prescription painkillers; as well as treating co-occurring disorders.
At our mountain retreat facility near Prescott, Arizona – men find and strengthen inner peace, and experience tranquility.
Arrowhead Lodge Recovery is located in the Rocky Mountain pines of Northern Arizona; in Prescott National Forest. It is a man’s retreat from the hustle and bustle of the daily grind. Our clients feel safe here and are therefore able to open up and work on tough emotional issues around addiction and trauma.
There is something to be said about recovering in a natural setting where the deer graze, coyotes howl, and hawks and eagles soar that helps men reconnect with nature and their authenticity.
It’s difficult to describe just how peaceful it is – you need to be here to experience it firsthand.
Begin Your Recovery Journey at Arrowhead Lodge Recovery
Your confidentiality is assured when you contact us.
Speak personally and privately with Executive Director Dr. Kenneth Chance at (888) 654-2800.