Addiction is a three-fold disease: Body, mind and spirit. While we work with the mind and spirit, we must also help the body recover from years of abuse. Exercise therapy is an important part of one’s recovery and at Arrowhead Lodge, our clients have the opportunity to start an exercise therapy program that includes:
- Working out in a state-of-the-art facility several days a week
- Enjoying light workouts in the lodge’s fitness room
- Walking and hiking in the mountain forest
- Swimming in an Olympic pool
One of the quickest ways to physical and mental health is through exercise. Quite often addicts do not engage in any meaningful or regular exercise – one of the factors that lead to mood disorders. One of the quickest roads to recovery is physical exercise coupled with good nutrition and sleep hygiene.
- Improves brain function
- Promotes restful sleep
- Helps the cardiovascular system prevent disease
- Reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Keeps one’s mood upbeat
Here at Arrowhead Lodge’s addiction treatment center for men in Arizona, exercise therapy is an essential component of our comprehensive recovery services.